- Name: DIG-CON (Efficient construction through digital technologies in the construction and finishing trade)
- LCCI position: Partner
- Total budget: 399’458,00 EUR
- LCCI budget: 32’144,00 EUR
- Dates: 28.02.2022 - 27.02.2025
- Programme: Erasmus+
- Project website: https://dig-con.eu/
- Partner countries: Germany, Finland, Latvia, Hungary, Poland
The demand for good apartments and houses has rarely been as high as it is now, and yet there is far too little affordable housing available. Hence, significant increases in efficiency and acceleration of construction planning and execution are much needed in the construction industry. Construction projects can be carried out more efficiently by applying targeted digital tools. In addition, digital technologies make the identification of risks in construction possible at an early stage so that they can be avoided.
The project's aim is to help unlock the potential of the construction sector through digitalization and implement changes which can bring significant opportunities for the whole value chain.
The goal is to support small and medium enterprises by leveraging digital technology and embracing digitalization.
The overall objectives of the project are:
- To quickly and productively shape the digital transformation in SMEs in the construction sector based on the needs and challenges they are facing, so that as many SMEs as possible use digital technologies and tools in all fields of activity in their company.
- To facilitate easier cooperation through digital technologies between all those involved in the construction work (clients, architects, engineers and SMEs) from planning to the execution, including the management of the construction of large-scale projects.
- To increase the efficiency, quality and punctuality in the construction industry as well as the ability to include environmental and sustainability aspects in the planning, construction or renovation of buildings through the application of specific digital tools and technologies.
- To increase the attractiveness of vocational training and work in the construction sector in order to meet the already very high and still growing demand for qualified skilled workers and entrepreneurs in this sector.
In order to achieve these objectives, the following action goals are pursued in the project:
- Provide digital technologies and tools as well as cooperation methods suitable for SMEs in the construction industry by analyzing international best practices and adapting them to the different national conditions;
- Provide SMEs-specific education programs on digital competencies and skills by analysing and adapting international best practices;
- Strengthening the educational and counselling capacities as well as the qualification of teachers and consultants of SMEs;
- Increasing the attractiveness of vocational training and winning qualified young people with strong learning ability for the construction sector;
- Enabling architects, engineers and SMEs in the construction and finishing trades to realize comprehensive collaborations through the use of digital technologies;
- Enabling SMEs and their employees to make full use of digital technologies in all areas of construction;
- Contributing to closing the entrepreneurship gap by attracting young entrepreneurs with digital competencies and skills;
- Increasing the attractiveness of vocational training and work in the construction sector;
- Strong regional dissemination of the implementations of the project results by transferring the results and demand-oriented implementation recommendations to 72 SMEs and education institutions from 13 countries.
Best practices of training programmes and digital tools, that are used in the construction sector:
Hanse Parlament (Germany)
Hochschule 21 gemeinnützige GmbH (Germany)
Handwerkskammer Schwerin (Germany)
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Latvia)
Chamber of Crafts and SME in Katowice (Poland)
Hungarian Association of Craftsmen Corporation (Hungary)
Informatikai Tavkozlesi Elektronikai Vallalalkozasok Szovetsege Egyesulet (Hungary)