- Name: LEF Network to China (Creation of export support co-operation network to China in Latvia-Estonia-Finland cross-border region)
- LCCI position: Lead partner
- Total budget: 1 178 072.26 EUR
- Dates: 01.04.2018 - 31.03.2021
- Programme: Interreg Central Baltic Programme
- Partner countries: Finland, Estonia, Latvia
- Project home page: www.lefnetworkchina.eu
LEF Network to China aims to create an export support network to China: the target industry is wood products with added value. The goal is to develop long term connections between CB region entrepreneurs (from Latvia, Estonia and Finland) and China economy request.
The partners involved ensures the quality of the process, due to their experience in export organization and their contacts, both in China and in the wood industry of each country.
Planned project activities for the companies:
- Homepage and catalog in Chinese language about Central Baltic companies;
- Market research;
- Guidebook about Chinese market and relevant sectors;
- Study tour to China;
- Participation in China expo;
- Trade mission to China;
- Incoming trade mission to Central Baltic region.
5 companies from Finland, 7 from Estonia and 7 from Latvia are primarily involved in project activities, and they are developing long-lasting export partners.
Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Latvia)
- Latvian Wood Construction Cluster (Latvia)
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Estonian)
- Estonian Woodhouse Association (Estonia)
LEF network to China: the summary of the story about how Central Baltic companies tried to develop export to China
Almost 5 years ago, ambitious cooperation partners from Latvia, Estonia and Finland decided to work together with the aim to support Central Baltic regional enterprises from the wood sector to develop export to China. In the year 2018 unpredictable journey started under the project name “LEF network to China” and finished in 2022.
During the project, where planned different export support activities for the companies. Unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic changes a lot of the project plans. Despite that, the project team continued to work, only with a different approach – online and remotely.
The project provided support for at least 82 unique wood sector companies from the Central Baltic region – Finland, Estonia and Latvia. Main joint activities were market research, export support training, direct work with 19 wood sector companies by providing marketing consultations, a sales agent in China, a showroom in China, participation in Expo with a joint booth, export catalogue, online B2B meetings etc. There were huge export ambitions that were decreased due to Covid 19 pandemic till great experience and increase of competitiveness about export development to China for the near future.
The project team consisted of the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Leading organization), the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Satakunta University of Applied Science, the Estonian Wood House Association, and the Latvian Wood Construction Cluster.
The project team highly appreciate the presented trust by the Interreg Central Baltic program, which co-financed the project.
Head of LCCI EU Projects Department
Kr.Valdemara str. 35, Riga