- Name: TTT4WBL (Testing New Approaches to Training VET and Workplace Tutors for Work Based Learning)
- LCCI position: Partner
- Total Budget: 1 280 000 EUR
- Dates: 01/02/2017 to 31/02/2020
- Programme: Erasmus+
- Partner countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland
- Homepage: http://www.ttt4wbl-project.eu
TTT4WBL proposal supports ET2020 policy objectives. It is linked to the guiding principles formulated by ET2020 Working group on VET:
- Attractiveness of apprenticeships by raising the quality of VET teachers;
- Support the continuous professional development of in-company trainers,
- Systematic cooperation between VET schools and companies; - Support for SMEs.
The aims of the project are:
- to promote professional development of WBL tutors through EU and regional cooperation and mutual learning;
- to promote stronger cooperation between VET and social partners and SMEs;
- to collect and analyse evidence for implementation of innovative measures and facilitate their transferability.
Achieving goals of the project can lead to better alignment between VET curricula and labour market needs and may help overcome skills mismatches. The proposed Joint training approach represents new type of curriculum for professional development of WBL tutors and is aimed at improving pedagogical skills of tutors. Quality of tutors is essential for quality of WBL.
The objective of the project is to test a professional development model for WBL tutors: Joint training of tutors from VET and tutors from enterprises in 3 Baltic countries - Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania.
The main target group is WBL tutors - tutors from VET schools and tutors from enterprises jointly involved in guiding apprentices. The aim of experimentation is to show the impact of joint training of VET and workplace tutors. We proceed from the assumption that joint training approach can:
- improve skills, competences for supervising WBL;
- ensure pedagogical skills of workplace and VET tutors to guide apprentices;
- ensure pedagogical skills of VET teachers to guide workplace tutors;
- improve cooperation and communication between VET and enterprises, support involvement of SMEs.
The project results will include the Research results reflected in the Experimentation report; a Methodological material for Joint Training Approach, trained 800 WBL tutors in 3 countries, new level of Baltic policy dialogue with regard to training trainers for WBL.
Kauņas Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Crafts video about experience in work based learning: VIDEO
2.Newsletter: Viewpoint of Tandem Training participants – tutors from VET schools and WBL trainers in companies (PDF)
Latvijas Labums: Conversation and Discussion about Vocational education (LV)
Lead Partner: National Centre for Education of the Republic of Latvia (Latvia)
- Ministry of Education and Science of Republic of Latvia (Latvia)
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Latvia)
- Baltic Bright, Ltd (Latvia)
- Kvalifikaciju Ir Profesinio Mokymo Pletros Centras (Lithuania)
- Lietuvos Profesinio Mokymo Istaigu Asociacija (Lithuania)
- Kauno Prekybos, Pramones Ir Amatu Rumai (Lithuania)
- Tartu Kutsehariduskeskus (Estonia)
- Jyvaskylan Ammattikorkeakoulu (Finland)
|Lead Partner Contacts:
National Centre for Education of the Republic of Latvia
Strugu street 4, Riga, LV-1003.
Tel.: +371 67350961
Mrs. Līga Sičeva
Head of LCCI EU Projects Department
Kr.Valdemara str. 35, Riga